Eigene Erfahrungsberichte zu Baclofen und Alkohol

Thread-Starter
William
Danksagung erhalten: 17 Mal
Mann oder Frau?: Ich bin ein MANN

Re: Williams Bac Diary

Beitragvon William » 8. Juni 2016, 22:22

Hallo zusammen!

Meinen Neustart habe ich um einen Tag vorverlegt, spricht heute um 0 Uhr ist Schluss mit der Sauferei und morgen geht's mit Bac los.
Morgen ist mein letzter Urlaubstag in Spanien und ich werde nur zum Abendessen ein Glas Wein trinken.

Freitag früh fliege ich zurück nach Deutschland und habe direkt ein Date mit einer tollen Frau (das motiviert mich morgen nicht zu saufen). Bestimmt steht eine attraktive Frau auf einen verkaterten Mann der alkoholisiert aus dem Flieger steigt. Sie holt mich vom Flughafen ab. [biggrin] Kann es kaum erwarten. Bestimmt hilft es mir morgen bei meinem Neustart wenig zu trinken.

Ich hab für mich klar erkannt das Alkohol mein einziges nennenswerte Problem ist.

Lege morgen mit 2 mal 6,25 mg los.

Sonnige Grüße aus Spanien
William

Papfl
Danksagung erhalten: 736 Mal

Beitragvon Papfl » 9. Juni 2016, 10:22

Moin William!

Du bist ja ein "alter Hase" und weißt, wie's geht [smile] !

Ich wünsch' Dir viel Erfolg beim zweiten Anlauf...und natürlich, dass Du Eindruck machst bei Deinem "Rendezvous" doppd !

Papfl
„Der Hori­zont vie­ler Men­schen ist wie ein Kreis mit Radius Null. Und das nen­nen sie dann ihren Stand­punkt."
Albert Ein­stein (1879 - 1955)

Bacman

Beitragvon Bacman » 12. Juni 2016, 15:37

Hallo William

Ich habe Ihre Geschichte mit großem Interesse gelesen, ich bin derzeit bei 162 Tagen und haben angesichts wurde meine Gleichgültigkeit zu reduzieren Dosis nach unten von einem Tag 100mg

Sind Sie der Meinung "Ihr Fehler" war vollständig von Baclofen zu kommen - Denken Sie sich jetzt für eine längere Zeit bleiben auf?

Ich plane, auf zu sehen, wie ich nach einem Jahr von Baclofen bin aber ganz ehrlich, ich bin sehr besorgt, dass nach einem solchen harten Arbeit alkoholfrei zu bleiben, werde ich auf die Flasche versucht sein, zurück

Sorry, wenn dieser Beitrag übersetzen nicht sehr gut (Google Übersetzer, ich bin britisch), aber ich wünschte wirklich, Ihnen alles Gute in Ihrem neuen Reise und ein wachsames Auge auf diesen Thread insbesondere sein zu halten

Grüße

Bacman

Papfl

Beitragvon Papfl » 12. Juni 2016, 16:43

Hello Bacman!

Welcome to our forum [hi_bye] . Glad to have you [smile] .

And thanks for your comment [good] . I'm sure @William will respond when he reads it. If you'd like to join us, you can write in English, too. No problem.

I'm not sure if I got your point... [pardon] ...You're abstinent for 162 days now and reduced Baclofen to 100 mg/d after achieving a kind of indifference? That's great :-!? . And now you consider to stop baclofen perhaps after one year intake and ask if this will work?

Well, it really differs between individuals. One says patients should take baclofen at least for 6 months, better a year before trying to slowly fade it out. If you'll do so you'll quickly see if it works. There is nothing against trying it. If craving comes back, just start again [smile] .

Maybe you can turn over to an as-needed use as well which means taking baclofen only in acute special situations when craving rises.

It doesn't work for me [nea] . I'm taking baclofen for nearly 4 years now (50 mg/d) and whenever I miss a tablet it feels strange for me and I get kind of fretful :wink: .

Basically there's no need to stop medication. But if you want to try it after a year - why not? It's easy to start again when you realize it was wrong. But don't stop abruptly. Fade it out.

Regards,
Papfl
„Der Hori­zont vie­ler Men­schen ist wie ein Kreis mit Radius Null. Und das nen­nen sie dann ihren Stand­punkt."

Bacman

Beitragvon Bacman » 12. Juni 2016, 20:31

Papfl hat geschrieben:Hello Bacman!

Welcome to our forum [hi_bye] . Glad to have you [smile] .

And thanks for your comment [good] . I'm sure @William will respond when he reads it. If you'd like to join us, you can write in English, too. No problem.

I'm not sure if I got your point... [pardon] ...You're abstinent for 162 days now and reduced Baclofen to 100 mg/d after achieving a kind of indifference? That's great :-!? . And now you consider to stop baclofen perhaps after one year intake and ask if this will work?

Well, it really differs between individuals. One says patients should take baclofen at least for 6 months, better a year before trying to slowly fade it out. If you'll do so you'll quickly see if it works. There is nothing against trying it. If craving comes back, just start again [smile] .

Maybe you can turn over to an as-needed use as well which means taking baclofen only in acute special situations when craving rises.

It doesn't work for me [nea] . I'm taking baclofen for nearly 4 years now (50 mg/d) and whenever I miss a tablet it feels strange for me and I get kind of fretful :wink: .

Basically there's no need to stop medication. But if you want to try it after a year - why not? It's easy to start again when you realize it was wrong. But don't stop abruptly. Fade it out.

Regards,
Papfl

Hi Papfl

Thanks for your English reply - I converted my reply to German, I did not want to appear the typical Brit, who expects everyone to speak English!!

I was trying to look ahead, the cost of non prescription Baclofen is quite expensive (not as much as Alcohol mind) so I was wandering about dropping back but when I read William's thread, I recognised a situation I have read about many times - I was not aware that Baclofen worked so quickly to your system - This is an avenue I had not considered - I thought that by not having Baclofen so say a week, it would take some days to nullify the reward that Alcohol brings

I am aware of the titration recomendations and would never stop abruptly

Papfl, Thank you for taking the time to reply, I very much appreciate it and respect the good work you guys are dong here

Best Regards

Bacman

Papfl

Beitragvon Papfl » 12. Juni 2016, 22:16

Hi Bacman!

Bacman hat geschrieben:I was not aware that Baclofen worked so quickly to your system - This is an avenue I had not considered - I thought that by not having Baclofen so say a week, it would take some days to nullify the reward that Alcohol brings

Well, that's my individual experience. I know others who stopped taking baclofen after several months and now only use it in critical situations or even don't need it anymore. This is really a trial and error case [smile] .

As I wrote before: You realize it very soon when craving comes back. If it happens, just start baclofen again.

Baclofen therapy is very special and individual [pardon] . I'm sure you'll find your way [good] .

Regards
Papfl

Thread-Starter
William

Beitragvon William » 13. Juni 2016, 11:16

Hi typical brit! [biggrin] [biggrin] [biggrin]

I am happy to get support from the british island. doppd

Unfortunately I made the mistake to stop the baclofen medicaments abruptly. I was sure that I do not need it furthermore. With a dosis of 50-75 mg I had no signs of craving.

Craving was not the problem in "restart" to drink alkohol. I was sure that I have the control about the quantity, this was a mistake. It does take only a short time to achieve the high drinking level...

Nowadays I take baclofen (approx. 25mg per day, 2*12,5), but I have problems with the craving. My all incl. holiday last week in spain was not good for me...

I hope that my second try is succesfull. [dance]

Best regards from Germany
William

Bacman

Beitragvon Bacman » 16. Juni 2016, 18:49

Hi Guys

Thanks for your replies

William, yes I think you made the error of stopping too abruptly - Did you experience any side effects when stopping so abruptly

Interesting that you feel it was more a complatency to alcohol rather than a craving that put you back on the rocky road

That said, after your sucessful first experience of indiference, I have no doubt you will get back there and also you have lessons learned which will help you on this journey

Yes, I loved your posts and I felt so sorry by the way the first journey turned out for you but as I say, lessons learned, my friend - As we say over here - Onwards and Upwards

Best Regards

Bacman

Edit: Ich noch ein bisschen unhöflich Schreiben in Englisch fühlen, aber mein Deutsch ist Müll - leider

Bacman

Beitragvon Bacman » 16. Juni 2016, 18:53

Papfl hat geschrieben:Hi Bacman!

Bacman hat geschrieben:I was not aware that Baclofen worked so quickly to your system - This is an avenue I had not considered - I thought that by not having Baclofen so say a week, it would take some days to nullify the reward that Alcohol brings

Well, that's my individual experience. I know others who stopped taking baclofen after several months and now only use it in critical situations or even don't need it anymore. This is really a trial and error case [smile] .

As I wrote before: You realize it very soon when craving comes back. If it happens, just start baclofen again.

Baclofen therapy is very special and individual [pardon] . I'm sure you'll find your way [good] .

Regards
Papfl

Hi Papfl

Yes - Indeed, I am a firm beleiver that all our journeys are different and as such, it is great that we can all share our experiences of Baclofen - I am only a beginner and it is great to glean information from websites such as this

Respect [smile]

Bacman

DonQuixote
Danksagung erhalten: 831 Mal

Beitragvon DonQuixote » 16. Juni 2016, 23:54

Hi Bacman

We are very glad to have you here on this forum!

In case you are searching for similar but Anglophone forums, I can strongly recommend:

Best regards, DonQuixote

Thread-Starter
William

Beitragvon William » 7. Juli 2016, 07:21

Moin!

Hier mal ein Update, leider weniger schön. Ich trinke zwar weniger, aber es gibt doch noch Tage an denen ich verkatert aufwache. Bin also nicht auf Erfolgskurs wie ich es mal war. Ich muss also komplett die Finger vom Alkohl lassen. Ich bin beruflich extrem eingespannt, bin also ganz klar der Entspannungstrinker. Habe mich heute krankgemeldet und fange mit 25 mg an.

Seit Di habe ich eine tolle neue Freundin. Ich will auf keinen Fall das da der Alkohol dazwischenkommt. [wacko]

Sonnige Grüße
William

DonQuixote

Beitragvon DonQuixote » 7. Juli 2016, 20:29

Hallo William

Willkommen zurück, auch wenn der Anlass jetzt nicht der erfreulichste ist. Interpretiere ich das richtig, dass Du Baclofen komplett abgesetzt hattest?

Egal, fange halt nochmal ganz von vorne an, Du weißt ja wie es geht [good].

DonQuixote

besstia
Mann oder Frau?: Ich bin eine FRAU

Beitragvon besstia » 7. Juli 2016, 22:07

Hi William,

ich bin neu im Forum und gerade mein Tagebuch angefangen.

Hier im Forum habe ich vorher aber schon mitgelesen, gerade die Erfahrungsberichte, die etwas länger gehen haben mir viel gebracht und Mut gemacht. So wie auch Deines.

Also: Viel Erfolg Dir bei Deinem zweiten Versuch und mir bei meinem ersten. Inzwischen hast Du Erfahrungen gesammelt und Erkenntnisse gewonnen wie dieses, dass Du mit Alkohol nicht umgehen kannst. Die Abstinenz also Dein Weg ist. Das ist doch schon eine ganze Menge und eine gute Startposition! Ich weiß noch nicht welcher Weg für mich der richtige ist, ich möchte einfach meine Freiheit zurück. Die Freiheit normal entscheiden zu können, die Freiheit nicht darüber nachzudenken, ob ein Glas Wein mit Freunden irgendeine Bedeutung hat. Das ist ein langer Weg. Und vielleicht wird am Ende wie bei Dir auch das Wort "Abstinenz" stehen. Mal sehen.

Gruß ausm Norden
besstia
you can't discover new oceans unless you loose the sight of the shore.

Thread-Starter
William

Beitragvon William » 25. Juli 2016, 20:47

DonQuixote hat geschrieben:Hallo William

Willkommen zurück, auch wenn der Anlass jetzt nicht der erfreulichste ist. Interpretiere ich das richtig, dass Du Baclofen komplett abgesetzt hattest?

Egal, fange halt nochmal ganz von vorne an, Du weißt ja wie es geht [good].

DonQuixote

Hallo mein Lieblingskojote! [hi_bye]

Ja, ich hab Baclofen komplett abgesetzt und schleichend wieder mehr getrunken.

Inzwischen hat sich bei mir einiges geändert, glaube ich bin an der eigentlichen Ursache. Diese sind beruflicher Druck (Führungskarriere) und Einsamkeit.

Ersteres hab ich nun gut im Griff. Einige Trainings/Coachings haben geholfen. Und das zweite kann nicht besser laufen. Ich habe eine neue tolle Freundin. [biggrin] Wir sind sehr viel zusammen. Sie kocht gerne für uns. Zum Essen hab ich gar kein Problem ein kaltes Bier abzulehnen. Körperlich abhängig bin ich also nicht. Mein Hauptproblem sehe ich in der Einsamkeit und das ändere ich nun.

Aktuell trinke ich ab und an ein Bier. Es muss dabei bleiben. hab nur Angst dass es unkontrolliert wird wenn ich Probleme habe.

Danke euch allen!!! doppd

DonQuixote

Beitragvon DonQuixote » 25. Juli 2016, 22:00

Hallo mein Lieblings-William

William hat geschrieben:Hallo mein Lieblingskojote! [hi_bye]

Ich wünsche weiterhin gutes Gelingen. Pass auf Dich auf.

DonKojote

Zurück zu „Erfahrungsberichte“